Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Home-made Crayons


I came across a great idea for all of those broken crayons that seem to pile up at our house - make new crayons! Basically, you peel the crayons, place in a cooking tin that you don't mind not using again, bake on 200 for 18 minutes, cool, and voila! This was something that Hayden loved doing. To make these as gifts, I bought dollar store crayons and let Hayden break them up and decide what colors to go where. Great way to get them involved. Here are some pictures of the process.

Before baking...

After baking while cooling...


Voila!

1 comment:

Matt and Shelby said...

This seriously a very cool idea! I like it!
you know I called your sis last night to ask her about some baking (real food, not crayons) and she said, "I don't know how, but I'm sure becky does."