Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring has sprung!

I think the Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons - not too hot, not too cold. With the Spring comes new vibrant colors in which I'm easily embracing. Turquoise, hot pink, mustard, coral - I want them all! Keeping this in mind, I'm ready for new front door decor. This is what mine looks like now:

My February Instagram photo

It was something simple and pretty (and on clearance at Target) between Christmas decorations and Spring but now it's completely B-O-R-I-N-G!!! I have some ideas floating around in my head but decided to do what every other female in the world would do - consult Pinterest! Holy smokes Batman, there are TONS of ideas out there. 
This yellow speaks to me and speaks LOUDLY! Something about the yellow and white against the red door makes me smile! Definitely would make for nice curb appeal.

http://www.sasinteriors.net/2011/04/whimsical-spring-wreath/

 http://www.etsy.com/listing/76363655/luscious-lemon-yellow-berry-wreath?ref=sr_gallery_4&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=summer+wreaths&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I love the look of the burlap although I'm not a fan of how it sheds. The pops of color really draw your eye in and I love the yellow ribbon it's hung from. The burlap would provide for many seasons with only having to change out the embellishments appropriately. Very cost efficient!

http://allinadayblog.com/2012/03/burlap-spring-wreath.html

When I came across this one, I was mesmerized by the gorgeous color and the chevron ribbon. I thought it would look awesome against the red door also. Make sure you click the link to the site to see how she made this. You'll never believe how easy, although time consuming, it was to make but she does a great job showing you in the step by step process. 

 http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-wreath-for-easter-and-spring.html

All of these have made me super excited to make a new wreath this weekend. I feel very inspired by all of these so you never know what I'll actually come up with. I hope you are able be inspired by this gorgeous weather and create something that makes you happy!

No comments: